Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Food City 250 - August 20th, 2010 - Bristol Motor Speedway Race Talk
08-18-2010, 06:04 AM
Food City 250 - August 20th, 2010 - Bristol Motor Speedway Race Talk
NASCAR Broadcast Schedule

SPEED 08|20|10 9 a.m. Food City 250 final practice (TV at 10:30 a.m.)
SPEED 08|20|10 4 p.m. Food City 250 qualifying
ESPN 08|20|10 7 p.m. Food City 250

Car to be Driven

[Image: PitStop+at+Darlington.jpg]

Videos from the Weekend

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2010, 01:28 PM
RE: Food City 250 - August 20th, 2010 - Bristol Motor Speedway Race Talk
well, I hated to see Joey get spun but he came back to finish 10th. I knew starting on the inside was going to be tough for him because he was really loose all night down there. Glad the car didn't get spanked and on to the next one. Hopefully we catch another win or 2 before the season ends.
Find all posts by this user
08-22-2010, 11:15 PM
RE: Food City 250 - August 20th, 2010 - Bristol Motor Speedway Race Talk
Quote:Joey Logano Thoughts:

“I’m disappointed. That is really all I can say. We had the car to win the race there at the end. We had made improvements, and the car was driving great. I was catching Brad and Kyle and when they got into it, I knew that was my opportunity. I knew that we would be able to battle with Kyle for the win in those final 20 laps and have a good shot for the win. Then, we just flat got wrecked on the restart. We got a little loose, and he never checked up and turned us around. We were lucky not to get hit by any other cars or to hit the wall. So we came in, put some tires on it and just tried to get the best finish that we could. But this was no 10th place car. This was a race-winning or at least a second-place GameStop Toyota.

“Kevin and the guys did a good job and making the car better as the race was going on. We were good in clean air, but when we got behind some cars or in lapped traffic, the car got really tight. We fought and fought the tight condition, then got it good for the end. In the last-half of the race, we were the fastest car on the track lap after lap, and we were catching the front guys. So we felt good and knew we had a shot at it. But, that’s how it played out. I’m not happy about it, but there is nothing you can do. The car was better then a 10th place finish, but unfortunately, the final results won’t show that.”

Kevin Kidd Quotes:

“We really just need to find a way to get this monkey off of our back. It seemed like we had so much bad luck and just couldn’t get the breaks to go our way early in the year and then we finally won at Kentucky and figured that would turn everything around. Now, that bad luck is back. Honestly, this is just one of about five races or so this year that we were the best car and we should have won, but things just happen. The car is fast every week and Joey is a great driver, but I guess sometimes you can’t control the outside influences like flat tires or mistakes by other drivers.

“The one good thing is that getting this close just makes the guys work that much harder and makes Joey just drive that much harder. You come this close to winning so many times, you just say ‘I’ve had enough, let’s get this done.’ I think that attitude will propel us back into Victory Lane soon, and we’ll be able to get back on our game. We just need to keep doing what we do every week, which is give Joey the best car we can and let him do the rest.”
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user