Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Edwards to Gibbs? - Wheres this leave Logano?
06-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Edwards to Gibbs? - Wheres this leave Logano?
Via Jayski:
Gibbs courting Edwards? am hearing that Carl Edwards, currently the driver of the #99 Roush Fenway Racing Ford, is being courted by Joe Gibbs Racing to take over the #20 Home Depot Toyota ride. Where would that leave current #20 driver, Joey Logano, to the long rumored 4th Joe Gibbs car, no word on who would be the sponsor, if it happens.(6-17-2011)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2011, 03:36 PM
RE: Edwards to Gibbs? - Wheres this leave Logano?
i think this is just a rumor. carl loves roush and they have the best cars this year. as long as jack finds a little more sponsorship i don't see this happening.
06-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Where are all the postings? Jean,,,any contest for this weekend? What's up?????gws
06-17-2011, 06:12 PM
i am freaking out if joeys gets dumped after 1 bad season 4th car or id guess more stay with rousch hes doing well

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
06-17-2011, 06:34 PM
Wasn't this just a rumor, a month or two ago? Joey has lots of potential, I don't think they would dump him . gws
06-17-2011, 06:40 PM
(06-17-2011 05:33 PM)Vermont#1Fan Wrote:  Where are all the postings? Jean,,,any contest for this weekend? What's up?????gws

It's all there like normal.

http://www.gojoeylogano.com/forum/Forum-Contests-Open
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Well, we live in sport that is sponsor and results driven. The 20 team hasnt done that so..... Fair or not we need to produce. Joey got into this early by stewart leaving which should give a little longer leash but. Maybe Gamestop steps up? I think Edwards stays at,Roush though
06-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Some of this stuff has some truth...A good friend of mine..Knows somebody that works for the Engine Department....

Joey is not leaving the #20 car and Edwards will be the 4th team...Edwards might have sponcership from HD though...I can see that happening....

Joey draws the Youth Movement....In Nascar...There's no way he gets dumped and if he did..He will get another ride.I can see Gamestop steping up to the plate and going Full-Time Nextel....

Joe Gibbs didn't get to where he is in life....Bye Luck....
06-18-2011, 07:06 PM
i would love and hate gamestop in cup 1 because epic schemes but 2 because most woudnt get diecast because of licensing but id say the 4 teams would go far before dumping joey

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
06-18-2011, 10:31 PM
SportsClips might also be a sponcer.....Looks like more then 1 sponcer for the year......Alot of teams are doing that anymore.....
06-19-2011, 12:45 PM
They have and article on Speedtv.com about Gibbs courting Edwards.

Joe Gibbs Racing President J.D. Gibbs told SPEED.com Sunday morning that the team is interested in signing Carl Edwards but remains behind Joey Logano.

One of the “Silly Season” rumors making the rounds at Michigan International Speedway this weekend was that JGR would sign Edwards and move him into the No. 20 Home Depot-sponsored car next year. That would give JGR a top-level driver to compete with Jimmie Johnson, who is sponsored by Lowe’s, Home Depot’s archrival.

Gibbs said a more likely scenario would be to add a fourth car in 2012. But based on the team’s experience when it added the No. 11 car as the team’s third car in 2005, it takes an entire package, he said.

“The reality of it is, because we have the fourth car spot, each of the past four years, everyone that’s available, they come to us and say, ‘Is this going to work? Is this going to work? Y’all going to do this? You going after it?’” said Gibbs. “For us, we learned a lot going through the 11 car thing, all those pieces have to fit. You have to have the driver — Carl’s a great one, for sure. But you have to have a sponsor, you have to have the right team, you have to make it work together.

“We thought we had a lights-out deal (for a fourth car) back when we started with FedEx,” Gibbs said. “It was a painful process. We didn’t have all the parts right. So my thing is, we’re not going to force it. We’re in no hurry to do that. When it all comes together, great. It could be this year, it could be three years from now. It could be five years from now.”

But without question, Edwards is the prime star available, someone with a huge fan base and sponsor appeal.

“I think the whole garage would say, ‘Hey, Carl’s a good addition to any team.’ But because we’re one of the only ones with a spot available people are assuming that’s just going to fit,” said Gibbs. “But I think there’s a lot more that goes into it than, ‘Hey, we got a race-car driver.’”

As for Logano, who has had rotten luck and a miserable season, Gibbs said he and sponsor Home Depot are still behind him.

“When those guys (Home Depot) made that investment in him (Logano) years ago when Tony (Stewart) left, they could have gone a bunch of different ways,” Gibbs said. “They chose to go with him and kind of groom him. ... Joey’s been a great addition. Look forward to him doing great things in the future.”

Asked if that meant Logano would be back in No. 20 Home Depot car next year, Gibbs said, “Yeah. Yes.”

Joey Logano Heart
New year, New Crew Chief!
06-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Just read that, thanks for posting it here Joeyloganolover20
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Great news,,,,Joey is too good to kick off so soon. He is just getting his feet wet. Look at some of the older guys who haven't won a race in a year or more, they don't get shoved off. Joey has the potential and they would be fools to take that chance away from him right now. GO JOEY,,,,,,gws
06-19-2011, 04:47 PM
That is great news but Joey still has to step it up.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
06-25-2011, 12:48 AM
I agree with #1 Vermont fan. Joey's got a lot more to add and achieve in this sport. I know he has what it takes!

Joey's smile is contagious!Heart
06-25-2011, 09:11 AM
Yes RNfor20, hope our optimistic additude carries over to the powers that be ......gws
06-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Definitely agree with multiple sponsors with Gamestop I would say around 20-25 races.
07-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Umm, I don't believe Joey will be leaving Gibbs, or Home Depot anytime soon. Gibbs loves Joey, and Roush adores Edwards. Why would Roush let Edwards go as long as he's winning? I don't believe any of this is happening. If Gibbs was gonna let JOey go this fast after only having him for two years, then why would he have brought him up in the first place.

~*Loganoholic4eva*~
07-01-2011, 10:40 PM
I don't think Joey will be leaving, especially after his spectacular win tonight!!! I was going thru the roof the last few minutes, what a finish..........gws
07-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Great win and builds confidence and character. Let's have a solid run tonight
07-02-2011, 08:06 AM
(07-01-2011 09:20 PM)RebaLogano20 Wrote:  Umm, I don't believe Joey will be leaving Gibbs, or Home Depot anytime soon. Gibbs loves Joey, and Roush adores Edwards. Why would Roush let Edwards go as long as he's winning? I don't believe any of this is happening. If Gibbs was gonna let JOey go this fast after only having him for two years, then why would he have brought him up in the first place.

It will come down to a couple of things for Carl. One is the chance to win. Does he feel he can win more with Roush over the next 5 years or JGR? Two and biggest, the money and sponsor. If Roush cannot find sponsorship and HD is willing to poney up than Carl becomes part of JGR. Joey moves to a 4th car.
I agree Carl would rather stay at Roush and be the MAN. When Kurt moved on Carl was the first one running, biking, whatever he does in Missouri saying, "I am the man now", something he and Kurt battled. At JGR he certainly wouldn't be and that is why he would rather stay at Roush. Time will tell but if Roush cannot get a sponsor for the guy that is leading the points, that sure says something. I would think if a new sponsor couldn't be found over there UPS would jump on board and leave the 6 team.
07-02-2011, 08:07 AM
I know i don't want HD to leave. I hate spending all this money on them if Joey isn't a part of their futureSmile