Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cup Debut..
06-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Cup Debut..
Landon Cassill makes his cup debut this weekend in the 09 chevy for Phoenix racing.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2010, 12:09 PM
RE: Cup Debut..
Oh wow, best of luck to him!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I saw him on the Entry list. To bad he'll have to park it if he makes it..
06-08-2010, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2010 08:30 PM by Canadian Joey Fan.)
(06-08-2010 03:59 PM)JoeyLoganoFan Wrote:  I saw him on the Entry list. To bad he'll have to park it if he makes it..

Normally yes but i'm not sure about this one, cassill has a lot of help from Hendrick as this is a HMS deal with Finch to get Landon some seat time. See Rick Hendrick likes Landon and sees his potential and doesn't like the way JR has handled him so he's taking it open himself to find Landon opportunities elsewhere. I can't say for sure of the car is start and park or not but i think if Rick Hendrick is involved, they'll be racing it. Last year the only time the 09 raced was when Brad was in the car and he was on lone from Hendrick which is the case with Landon now.

06-08-2010, 08:32 PM
i'll just say this, had Jr motorsports and Hendrick not gotten together and had Landon not went and raced for Jr where he gets taken out of the car every 2 seconds because Jr wants to put in 10 different drivers then Landon would have probably been able to get some consistent races under his belt and probably already be looking at a cup series ride by now.

06-08-2010, 08:33 PM
As far as the race goes, if he does get to race it, i'm not expecting too much the first time out, a lead lap finish would be awesome

06-11-2010, 04:58 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2010 05:01 AM by Sandeep Banerjee.)
I've never really understood the hype behind this kid as he's done absolutely nothing in the national series to impress me. But I heard from some people that know about his COT testing efforts that his driving style is more suited to driving high horsepower cars so we'll see how it goes in his debut.
06-14-2010, 02:59 AM
[quote='Sandeep Banerjee' pid='9753' dateline='1276246706']
I've never really understood the hype behind this kid as he's done absolutely nothing in the national series to impress me. But I heard from some people that know about his COT testing efforts that his driving style is more suited to driving high horsepower cars so we'll see how it goes in his debut.
[/quote

well he did win rookie of the year in the NW series in the last year a driver wasn't just competing against himself for the title. He ran top 5 in his Nationwide debut until he got taken out. This first 15 races are comparable to Brad Keselowski's first 15 in the same equipment. He won the Pole in Hampshire. He drove a back up car from the rear to finish 6th at Phoenix with no experience at that track at the time. See here's the best way to explain Landon Cassill and I'll use Joey for this.. See Joey's first year in cup he started off slow, his first race he had a hard enough time finishing on the lead lap, then he progressed to top 25's then top 20's then top 10's and even a win and from there he started to learn the car and become more consistent. The reason is that they kept him in thc car and they allowed him to learn and get better. Landon on the other hand gets 1 or 2 starts here and there or 5 in a row then nothing for a month and so on. He's never been given the chance to really get comfortable. Heck if they ran Joey his first two races and then put someone else in the car, we might as well be saying Joey hasn't impressed us but we know what happened , they kept him in and he got better. Another thing people don't know about Landon is that he was discovered during the gm development which featured one of the best crop of talented up and coming drivers. Landon spanked the field in lap times, a field that included Joey Logano. Remember too that there is a big difference between Jr Motorsports and Joe Gibbs racing in the Nationwide series and JRM's efforts all go to the 88. As far as landon being more suited for cup, yes that is the case. A lot of insiders have told me he's another Jimmie Johnson that way. Jimmie's NW stats are just average in fact i think Landon's career finish is like 21.8 and Jimmie is 18.5 or something. Give Landon a full season the learn and he will be a force as long as he has decent equipment.

Today Landon was just a start and park car but he did well, they were happy with him and how he drove the car. I listened on the scanner. I say skip the NW series, who needs it. The cars are so different now it's more confusing then helpful anyways.

[-] The following 2 users Like Canadian Joey Fan's post:
JoeyLoganoFan (06-14-2010), Vermont#1Fan (09-01-2010)
08-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Landon qualified 15th this week in James Finchs car, Ahead of few big names. Please someone give him a good ride.. He looks like he could be part of the future of the sport..
08-16-2010, 02:29 AM
Its really sad having to watch these good drivers like Landon Cassill having to Start and Park caus ethey just need a little bit of money to keep running the car.

Joey Logano Heart
New year, New Crew Chief!
08-16-2010, 06:57 PM
He is doing what he can to be at the track each and every week to try and gain someone's attention. Look at Almirola. Looks as though he is going to take over the 88 NW car FT next year. I know Landon wants Cup and someday he will get a chance. Talent eventually wins out.