Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2010, 02:34 AM
RE: Carfax 250 - August 14th, 2010 - Michigan International Speedway Race Talk
This is going to be the second Nationwide COT race of the year
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Looking forward to this race. I think this is going to be a great weekend for the 20 team in both series.
Find all posts by this user
08-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Quote:Joey Logano Quotes:

"I'm pretty excited to get to see what the Nationwide Series new car is going to do at Michigan. It will be a lot different then at Daytona, where it is all about the draft, bump drafting and making the right moves. Now, we'll actually get into working on more of the handling characteristics of the car and see how it is going to react to different changes. Hopefully, because of the bigger wheelbase and the construction of the cars, they will handle a little more like the Cup cars and that will give the No. 20 team a bit of an advantage.

"I am pretty pumped following our run last week. I know it really had the guys pumped up too after the race. We came into Watkins Glen just hoping to survive about come out of there with a top-10 or possibly a top-five and we got a second-place run. And we were that good too. So I think that really helped my confidence and really helped the confidence of the team. But we are not going to settle for second-place anymore. I just realized that we have finished second five times so far this year. What do they say? 'Always the bridesmaid and never the bride,' or something like that. I think we are ready to be the one with all of the attention on us for a change.

"I got to see what the new car is going to look like with the GameStop colors on it and its pretty sweet. Those black and red colors always look good on the car, but it just really fits on the new car as well. We need to get the car into Victory Lane now. That is the goal for this weekend. To get GameStop back in Victory Lane and let all of the GameStop guests in attendance have a little bit of fun with us while we celebrate the win."
08-11-2010, 05:47 PM
is the car just like last weeks???

Joey Logano Heart
New year, New Crew Chief!
08-11-2010, 08:25 PM
(08-11-2010 05:47 PM)Joeyloganolover20 Wrote:  is the car just like last weeks???

The Paint scheme yes, but it's on the new nationwide car
08-12-2010, 02:24 AM
(08-11-2010 08:25 PM)Jean Wrote:  
(08-11-2010 05:47 PM)Joeyloganolover20 Wrote:  is the car just like last weeks???

The Paint scheme yes, but it's on the new nationwide car

I bet it looks awesome!! Smile

Joey Logano Heart
08-14-2010, 11:55 PM
Quote:How did your car handle in today’s race? “We were tight in practice and we were terrible. The team really loosened up the car and then we were loose and terrible. We ended up so-so. If we would have taken tires we might have finished third, but we would have definitely been up in the mix with those guys rather than back where we were. We had a top-five car. We should have come down for tires. We really messed ourselves up there. I’m not really sure it mattered because we didn’t have a car that could win today.”
08-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Yeah, JGR is a bit behind with the new car but they will get it figured out by the nxt time it gets to a big track (Lowe's).
08-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Oh man that was a freakin sweet car!

Joey Logano Heart
08-16-2010, 10:52 PM
Quote:Joey Logano Thoughts:

“It was a frustrating day with the No. 20 GameStop Toyota for sure. We really couldn’t get the handle on the car all weekend long. We were really loose on Thursday, then went the other way and got the car so tight both Friday and today that I could hardly drive it. The guys were making changes and making changes and nothing was really helping it. Finally, we made a change on our first stop in the race and that loosened the car up, maybe just a little too much. We could never really find the handle on it and it showed. We just struggled with this new car, plain and simple.

“I guess it’s a good thing when you can be frustrated with a sixth-place finish. We are a good team and we expect to win or compete for the win every single time out. This weekend, we just didn’t have it. We were a third- or fourth-place car all afternoon long. We really didn’t think tires would do all that much for you, but that is where we got beat at the end. If we would have come in and taken tires, I think we could have finished third.

“We’ve got some work to do with the new Nationwide Series car. It was a learning experience. But our guys are some of the best out there and they will work their butts off and get it better before the next race. So, we’ll just load her up and move on to next week.”

Kevin Kidd Quotes:

“To say we aren’t just a little bit disappointed would be an understatement. Plain and simple, we just didn’t run very good today. We struggled with the car and trying to get it to drive to Joey’s liking. That’s not to say that the guys didn’t work their tails off because they did. We just couldn’t ever get the handle the way we needed to right from the moment we unloaded.

“We were at least able to come out of here with a sixth-place finish. With the type of weekend that we had and with as much as we struggled with the handling on this car, that isn’t terrible. But we do have a lot of work to do. We are not where we want to be with these cars right now. We’ll just take our notes and experiences and get back to work getting these new cars figured out.”