Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Camping World RV Sales 301 - Race Talk
07-10-2014, 01:00 AM
Camping World RV Sales 301 - Race Talk
WELCOME AUTOTRADER.COM: This weekend, the double deuce will have a new look with the AutoTrader.com livery. Over the years, AutoTrader.com has established a successful working relationship with Penske Automotive Group. Through the relationship with Team Penske, AutoTrader.com will help build its brand with NASCAR fans and integrate Logano and Team Penske into its marketing programs. More than 17 million consumers visit AutoTrader.com each month to research their next vehicle purchase and browse the more than four million new and used vehicles listed for sale. To celebrate the partnership, Logano took over AutoTrader.com’s Instagram account during the week leading into the race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.

TIME TO COME HOME: The New Hampshire Motor Speedway event serves as a “home track” of sorts for Logano. The racer’s hometown of Middletown is just 150 miles southwest of Loudon, NH. Several relatives and family friends often visit the races at NHMS to cheer on Logano over the course of the weekend.

TIME FOR SOME REST: Logano and the rest of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers are looking forward to the New Hampshire event for several reasons – including the weekend break which comes afterwards. During the final off-weekend of the season, Logano will spend a couple of days in Lake Tahoe for Discount Tire and then he will take off on a personal vacation with fiancée Brittany Baca.

A TRACK OF FIRSTS: New Hampshire Motor Speedway is a track of firsts for Logano. It is the first track where Logano saw a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race in person as a young child. He also made his Sprint Cup Series debut at NHMS back in 2008, driving the No. 96 car as he finished 32nd. Logano also won his first-career Sprint Cup Series race at NHMS in 2009, becoming the youngest winner in Sprint Cup Series history at age 19.

BUSY RACE WEEK: Logano will be busy this week before getting on track in Loudon. Along with fellow driver Kasey Kahne, Logano will spend Wednesday afternoon bowling with members of the media in Mooresville, NC promoting the upcoming Pocono Raceway event. He will also once again take part in the Champion’s Breakfast on Friday morning at NHMS, helping support New England charities C.H.A.D. and David’s House.

Quote:YOUR CAR IS GOING TO HAVE A NEW LOOK ON IT THIS WEEKEND. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE AUTOTRADER.COM COLORS?

“I always think it is cool when you go out there and run a different car because the fans respond to it. We saw that with the special Pennzoil scheme, and we will see it again this weekend. I think it will be great to have AutoTrader on the car this weekend, especially for the New Hampshire event. This is a pretty big event for me personally because of it being a home track and it being the site of my first win as a Cup Series driver. But the looks of these cars really drives our fans. That is what they see for the three hours they watch the race, not the drivers inside, so they really represent with the look of the car.”

LOUDON HAS BEEN A PRETTY IMPORTANT PART OF YOUR LIFE OVER THE YEARS, HASN’T IT?

“It has and the funny part about it is that it is probably one of the toughest tracks for me on the entire schedule. I just don’t really run that well there. But it has been pretty important, especially getting my first win there. Even that day though, we didn’t run the best, we just had the best strategy when the rain was coming and took advantage of it. But I’ve generally struggled at the track. It’s gotten better over the last couple of years and I’ve had a couple of top 10s there, but it’s definitely my kryptonite on the schedule. But I’m looking forward to going back there with the new rules and the stuff we learned testing at Milwaukee a couple of weeks ago. I think we could change a lot of that this weekend.”
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2014, 05:26 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 05:26 AM by JoeyLoganoFan.)
RE: Camping World RV Sales 301 - Race Talk
Hope he has a better race than last year.
Find all posts by this user
07-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Wish he was better at this track. Wish he was in nationwide race
07-11-2014, 02:09 AM
Well the race Gods at this track for a long time have NOT been kind to Joey. I have a feeling this weekend will be a good one...Smile
07-11-2014, 12:08 PM
and we wrecked in practice............

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
07-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Same tire issue as last year. Need to get it fixed
07-11-2014, 10:41 PM
6th, solid but worked to do tomorrow. Go Joey
07-13-2014, 03:39 PM
And we get taken out in second by a car 15 laps down, FANTASTIC

GO WRECK HIM

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
07-13-2014, 09:24 PM
That was right in front of me. That sucked. Shepard shouldnt be allowed in the car
07-14-2014, 12:25 AM
What did you see 22forLogano?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-15-2014, 02:33 AM
If that was during the chase i would be really pissed. Regardless of age anyone who is 15 laps down should not be getting into ANYONE on the lead lap much less the 2nd place driver. I don't care who you are, how old you are or how much experience you have thats just the way it is. If Joey is 15 laps down and 72 year old Morgan Sheppard is in 2nd place Joey should get the F out of his way and have enough control of of car not to get into him. If Jimmie Johnson is 15 laps down and rookie Kyle Larson is in the lead, 6 time should pull over so regardless of who has done what or has more experience or whatever doesn't matter when your multiple laps down you show the leaders respect and you get the F out of the way and you stay the F out of the way.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
07-15-2014, 06:20 PM
Jean,

Shepard flat out lost control of his car and right front cliped joeys left rear. Shepard had multiple drivers ask their spotters to get him out of the way and off the track so when Pemberton says they didnt hear anything, they are lying. Just like the phantom cautions that get thrown. So funny to see track personnel get out and pick up, well, nothing! Anyway, the preferred line at Loudon is the middle groove, then lower groove. Shepard should have been up high all day like the rest of the lap down cars but chose to be down low. It was a matter of time before someone got wrecked and unfortunately it was Joey. Second place car gets rocked by someone who doesnt deserve tombe driving a cup car. He cherry picked an event that had 42 cars and brought a sponsor somhe could take a sunday drive. This is called nascar racing, not riding. Supposedly these are the 43 best drivers in the world, thats what nascar promotes. Well this is certainly a black eye.
07-15-2014, 06:21 PM
And thank God he is locked in the chase because this was terrible.
07-17-2014, 03:32 PM
I have been to Loudon plenty of times and you are correct about the middle line. I knew as soon as that old coot taking his vanity run out there when he hit Logano, Joey somehow was going to be blamed. And I was correct. The people screaming Logano was disrespectful is pitiful. This is our world today, you have no right be be angry about anything. Logano was actually very nice about it in his interview. People arre swearing up and down he mentioned his age, HE DID NOT. If this happened to Dale Jr. these hypocrites would have tried to do harm to Morgan and the comments would be horrible. If Kevin Harvick or Stewart had this happen there rant would have been bleeped on Tv. People are funny, they think their driver never wrecks anybody, they all wreck each other and will continue to do so. I do not believe for a minute that what happened with Logano was a "racing thing", Morgan was way out of his league. The mushy crowd thinks he should be out there because he reminds him of their grandfather, and Logano was disrepecting their gramps. The bottom line is take your sentiment out of it, grow up and look at it for what it was. Logano was a innocent victim, he was well away from Mr. Magoo, he drifted up and clipped a competitive race car. Armchair idiots are blaming Logano, because Morgan "is a pioneer of Nascar"..lol. Blah blah blah. Morgan takes these what I call "vanity" runs to keep his old dude in a Sprint Cup firesuit streak going. Nobody is denying his right to race, but at the premier level, with big money, sponors and points at stake, it was a joke. The funny part is the old guy is not sorry . what a ego. He was entitled to be there because he was the 43rd car and he filled the field. He qualified a full 10 seconds off the pole. WoW! Logano has the worst luck..next to Kasey Kahne with this type of nonsense. Maybe Morgan fans would be better suited to petition Nascar to have him appear at the HOF and he can do a demo, driving around the parking lot. What happened was a joke for Nascars top tier of racing. I did not see that stupid move coming..nor did Logano. And the idiot fans who call get taking out by Mr. Magoo "whining" because he isn't kissing the guys ring is absurd. I would like to see there reaction when there new car gets total by the old guy on the road. Go JOey, you did good, showed class..keep your chin up and don't listen to the idiots!