Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
COULD THIS BE THE START OF 2012?
09-12-2011, 09:07 PM
COULD THIS BE THE START OF 2012?
If you haven't noticed yet, Joey is in the 18 this week with Jason Ratcliff as crew chief. Could this be a prequel to the 2012 season? Only time will tell. I always will think of Zippy as one of the best in the business. But, you can't get a round peg in a square hole. I think Zippy and Joey have had glimpse of brilliance. And then there's the rest of the season. As much as I would like to see these two stay together, I just don't think the IT FACTOR is there. Change is needed and Ratcliff would be a good start. If Joey wins Saturday night or even finishes second, I feel like this will be the next move at JGR. I might be wrong, but something has got to give with this disastrous 2011 season. Joey has way to much talent to be md-pack every other week. I honestly feel like 2012 is Joey's last year at JGR if he runs like this again. Sad to say, but go ask Casey Atwood where a lot of talent with no "DRIVER/CREW CHIEF IT FACTOR" will get you. Stay tuned folks, a change is coming! Let's hope it's for the better!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2011, 03:08 PM
RE: COULD THIS BE THE START OF 2012?
i would like to see radcliff to busch and rogers to logano

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
09-13-2011, 07:33 PM
I wrote this last night and I would like to think it happens. I don't see JGR breaking up Kyle and Rodgers so Ratcliff is the guy IMO.
09-14-2011, 06:38 PM
I don't know what should happen, I just want Joey to get with it and win a few and/or start placing a little better. He cannot join the Go or Go Home group !!!!!!! gws
09-14-2011, 10:40 PM
As much and as bad as I want to see Joey win. I think the team as a whole has got to find a rhythm of some kind to stop these mid-pack finishes. Sprinkled with a top 5 or 10 here and there. I think Zippy is a great crew chief. But he's already raised one driver/attitude from start to finish and I honestly think his patience is a whole lot thinner with an 18, now 21 year old kid. Tony did what he did, because the competition was no where near what it is today. Joey has all the talent in the world. More than I've ever seen from any 13 year old kid driving a super late model who dominated all these veterans at these local tracks. And now since he's here in the Cup Series, the talent has caught up with him. So it takes a crew chief who's more on Joey's level. And in my opinion, Zippy's not it. I would rather see Dave Rogers with Joey because of all the Nationwide success. But how can you argue with Jason Ratcliff! The guy is a master in the Nationwide Series. Just ask Kyle Busch! If there is a change, it would not surprise me the see Ratcliff move up with Joey, Rodgers stay with Kyle and Zippy become a GM/Competition Director of some sort at JGR. Or head to Stewart/Haas, which I think is going to happen. Remember, his contract is up after this year. Makes you wonder why Tony has yet to have a CD hired. Could this be what he's waiting on? Only time will tell! I'm just ready to see Joey on top where he should be. Because Keselowski is making our Joey look really bad right now! And unfortunately, it's not going to happen with Zippy.
09-30-2011, 07:50 PM
There was an intereting article last week on nascar.com about Joey's year. Both he and Zippy said he just hasn't gotten the handle on the tires. Goodyear brought a new harder compound to the track this year, and both he and Zippy blamed the tires on their performance.

I agree these races in the 18 should have been an opportunity to see if there was chemistry with Joey and Jason. I have always said that Ratcliff will be the next great cup crew chief and I can't wait until he gets his chance.

With that said, Joey has had success with Dave too. I think it depends on how Kyle's season finishes, as to whether Ratcliff or Rogers gets moved over the 20 team.

As things have panned out, maybe both the 11 and 20 may have needed that rumor back several months ago about a cc swap, to be true.

I think Mike Ford would be good a developing talent in the Nationwide Series. But what is obvious is that there needs to be a shake up with the 20 team.

For some time you could tell that Zippy hasn't been happy being with the 20 team and with "the kid" as he's called him a couple times. Let him go be competition director and SHR, and move him to the 11 team.

But a shake up must happen, Home Depot pays way to much money, for Joey to continue to rack up those 23rd place finishes.

Looking for the follow Logano cars: '09 white gold, '09 New Hampshire raced win white gold, '11 copper e-point

[Image: 577889_487922254584718_880735006_n.jpg]
10-02-2011, 07:48 AM
(09-30-2011 07:50 PM)jdneel1820 Wrote:  There was an intereting article last week on nascar.com about Joey's year. Both he and Zippy said he just hasn't gotten the handle on the tires. Goodyear brought a new harder compound to the track this year, and both he and Zippy blamed the tires on their performance.

I agree these races in the 18 should have been an opportunity to see if there was chemistry with Joey and Jason. I have always said that Ratcliff will be the next great cup crew chief and I can't wait until he gets his chance.

With that said, Joey has had success with Dave too. I think it depends on how Kyle's season finishes, as to whether Ratcliff or Rogers gets moved over the 20 team.

As things have panned out, maybe both the 11 and 20 may have needed that rumor back several months ago about a cc swap, to be true.

I think Mike Ford would be good a developing talent in the Nationwide Series. But what is obvious is that there needs to be a shake up with the 20 team.

For some time you could tell that Zippy hasn't been happy being with the 20 team and with "the kid" as he's called him a couple times. Let him go be competition director and SHR, and move him to the 11 team.

But a shake up must happen, Home Depot pays way to much money, for Joey to continue to rack up those 23rd place finishes.

Welcome aboard Dave...
10-08-2011, 04:09 PM
They are finally together. Let's keep fingers crossed
10-08-2011, 09:28 PM
(10-08-2011 04:09 PM)20forLogano Wrote:  They are finally together. Let's keep fingers crossed

I hope they do continue to test him with Ratcliff!
10-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-10-2011, 08:26 PM
I don't care what Joey does, I'm right behind him all the way!!!!!Heart

Go Joey and Brad!! Heart #22 & #2!
[Image: 1124370_article_img_large1.jpg]
12-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Well it's all over twitter. Zippy is leaving JGR to go to SHR as competition director and Jason Ratcliff will be the crew chief on the 20.

Happy days are here again...

Looking for the follow Logano cars: '09 white gold, '09 New Hampshire raced win white gold, '11 copper e-point

[Image: 577889_487922254584718_880735006_n.jpg]