Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advocare 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway - Race Talk
08-28-2013, 10:44 PM
Advocare 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway - Race Talk
Advocare 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway (1.54-mile oval, Hampton, GA)

No. 22 Shell-Pennzoil Ford Fusion driven by Joey Logano

Sunday, September 1 – 7:30 pm ET

Primary Chassis: PRS-862
Last Raced: Brand new chassis
Backup Chassis: PRS-839
Last Raced: Backup at several races (not raced)

THE NEWS & NOTES
  • WELCOME BACK TO THE TOP 10: Just five races ago, following the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event in New Hampshire, Joey Logano found himself with back-to-back 40th-place finishes (a result of tire failures) and he was 19th in the Sprint Cup Series point standings, 36 points outside of the top 10. Now, Logano and his No. 22 Shell-Pennzoil team have clawed their way back inside the top 10 following five straight top-10 finishes. Logano is now 10th in the point standings, four points ahead of 11th place.
  • STREAK CONTINUES: Logano’s impressive run since those two tire failures has allowed him to break back into the top 10. Logano has grabbed five consecutive top 10s, including a win in Michigan and a fifth-place last week in Bristol. Logano has now finished in the top-10 in 10 of his last 13 races. Over the last five races, Logano has scored more points than any other NSCS driver.
  • DOUBLE DUTY: Logano will be back behind the wheel of the No. 22 in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) this weekend at Atlanta. His last NNS start for the team came at Watkins Glen on August 10 when he finished 21st in the team’s third entry.
  • IMPRESSIVE STATS: With his fifth-place finish at Bristol, Logano now has seven top-five and 13 top-10 results this season. Those numbers stack up well for Logano. The seven top-fives already match a career-best for Logano and he is just three top 10s away from setting a career-best mark as well. His 13 top 10s is third best amongst all NSCS drivers this season (trailing only Jimmie Johnson and Kyle Busch). His seven top-five finishes is fifth best amongst all drivers this season.
  • NO REST FOR THE WEARY: Logano and his No. 22 Shell-Pennzoil team, along with teammate Brad Keselowski, tested at Chicagoland Speedway Monday and Tuesday this week in preparation for the upcoming event at the 1.5-mile track.

WITH TWO RACES TO GO UNTIL THE CHASE, DO YOU CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE GOING INTO ATLANTA

“We plan on doing nothing different at Atlanta. We want to just keep doing what we have been doing. We have been fighting back all year long, so if we go into the weekend with the same mindset, then we will hopefully continue to perform at the level we have been. We have put ourselves in the position that we need to be right now. So now we just need to build on it. Keep gaining points and keep getting the best finish that we can. That’s how we are going to go into these final two weeks. The Chase is our ultimate goal.”

YOU HAVE SAID THIS TEAM DESERVES TO BE IN THE CHASE. WHY IS THAT?

“We have fought from behind and fought off problems all year long. We keep getting put in bad positions and it never gets the guys down. Even in a bad race, we still fight back. Bristol was the perfect example of that. We just have fought through so much. We have clawed our way into the top-10 in points from 19th twice this year. That’s huge. That’s how you prove you don’t give up. So these guys on this team, they deserve to be in the top-10 and in the Chase.”
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jean's post:
Vermont#1Fan (08-30-2013)
08-30-2013, 05:22 PM
RE: Advocare 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway - Race Talk
Yes, go Joey, we are on your band wagon !!!!!! gws
Find all posts by this user
08-30-2013, 10:37 PM
Keep being aggressive!
08-30-2013, 11:42 PM
Joey On Qualifying at Atlanta:

Quote:“I guess I can be satisfied with that lap,” said Logano. “This is a tough track, because the later the qualifying draw you have, the better you are going to be because the track keeps cooling down and cooling down and the times get faster. We had a car fast enough to get the pole with a late draw. But 11th isn’t terrible. This is one track where your starting spot doesn’t mean a ton. If you have a good car, you can race to the front with the tire fall off we have here.”
08-31-2013, 12:19 AM
08-31-2013, 08:48 AM
Solid start and we need a solid finish. Sounds like Joey might have a piece for them this weekend
09-01-2013, 12:15 PM
head's up jean your qualifying vidoes sound is screwed up, very quiet, staticy and only come out of one speaker

(for the record i did go to another video to make sure it wasn't me..........annnnnnd it wasn't lol

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
09-01-2013, 11:27 PM
Thanks jlogano22, FS1/FS2 has been giving me issues.
09-01-2013, 11:36 PM
Yeah !!!! Second place for Joey !!!!! Should have been 1st, he only needed 5-6 more laps and he would have got that darned Kyle......they should penalize Kurt Busch for parking sideways twice and making Joey have to swerve around him to get out of pit box. That should be a rule, if you block a driver from leaving his pit, there should be a penalty. gws
09-02-2013, 10:31 AM
Where is everybody????? Last year's fans seem to have flown the coop.....now that Joey is making some great strides,,,,,,,are we down to 3-4 staunch Joey Fans? If I was near Kurt Busch, I would slap him in the face, never mind Max Papis,,,,,hahahahah Kurt block Joey twice in pit stop,,,,that dirt-bag......gws....
09-02-2013, 11:03 AM
I am here MommaSmile race win would have locked us in the chase but 2nd at his worst statistical track, b3st car, led most laps and moved up 2 positions, pretty damn good weekend! I feel so good about Joey and nascar on sirius is all over the Joey Logano is a real threat, it makes us fans who have stuck with joey feel awesome. As dave moody said this morning, coach Gibbs gave Joey the experience and Mr. PENSKE is reaping the reward.
One more bullet to dodge but I feel great. He tested at Richmond and if I could give one piece of advice to Joey and the team, do what you been doing, stay aggressive. Dont points race, you have scored more pts than anyone in last 6 races, keep doing it! We love Joey! Woot woot
[-] The following 1 user Likes 22forLogano's post:
Vermont#1Fan (09-02-2013)
09-02-2013, 11:06 AM
That race threw everything at that team and could have knocked them down but EVERYONE fought and stay the course. Thats a race winning team. From pit road woes, loose lugs (3 of them, thats crazy), tough pit road, restarts, I know I was on pins and needles all night.

As for Kurt, it sucked for sure but thats what happens when you dont have a great pit selection. Let's just win the pole every week and not worry, ha ha
09-02-2013, 11:08 AM
And Kurt is racing Joey for the chase so no favors. Plus Kurts an ass and his girl is even bigger! Remember her cocky tweet after the Cali race, she think a lot of herself. Maybe her and the chick who slapped Max Papis yesterday should hang out ha ha
09-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Did I say, GO JOEY!
09-02-2013, 03:53 PM
2nd place finish. i am happy with that. Cant wait for Richmond.

#TEAMLOGANO
[Image: thumbs_no-22-shell-pennzoil-ford-fusion.jpg]
09-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Impressive run for Joey at Atlanta, so close to that win, best car all night for sure! And another thing, you can throw away the stats book for the rest of the year.
09-02-2013, 04:41 PM
(09-02-2013 03:56 PM)Jean Wrote:  Impressive run for Joey at Atlanta, so close to that win, best car all night for sure! And another thing, you can throw away the stats book for the rest of the year.

already threw away the JGR stat book lol looking only at penske now

best oppurtunities coming up are Chicago Charlotte and texas i think

09-02-2013, 05:08 PM
we are rollin babySmile

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
09-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Yes, Go Joey !!!! I noticed they are starting to use the "sliced bread" phrase lately when talking about Joey, hadn't heard that much in past year or two. Sliced Bread with PB and Jelly......yipppppeeeeee gws
09-02-2013, 07:50 PM
becuase every changed it to "burnt toast" and now most are eating those words well other blind idiots are just flapping their gums

09-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Jean, we dont want to throw away stats but certainly thye can be adjustedSmile still need a big one this weekend. Win the pole and lead lap right away would be good!