Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Add Content and Posts Daily
09-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Add Content and Posts Daily
I know it's hard to find stuff about Joey daily but to grow the site folks have to find you. They find you by google bots and yahoo bots searching out and reading your Post Titles and content.

So maybe we can all try and search out content, images and stuff about Joey and post it. But pay attention to how you write the subject line because you can get big hits with good ones.

Example on my little BBQ Forum I get an average of 40-50 hits a thread but I wrote one Subject line with all the right keywords and it has over 4500 hits and I get many new visitors and members from that thread alone.

I'm up early on the East Coast and I will try and track down good information for posts if I find some out there.

I like this site and the URL is good so you just need to be THE PLACE new Joey Logano fans find when they become fans and start looking for a Fan Site.

Keep up the fine work folks.
peace
mike

Go Denny Go!!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2008, 09:53 AM
RE: Add Content and Posts Daily
Great post mike, and you are right, it is definitely all about the search engines. With out the search engine traffic, it is very hard to get anything going.

I use Google Alerts, to keep up with any news as it happens for Joey Logano. Have you used Google Alerts before? It's very powerful Smile

At the moment, I am coding and working on a photo gallery. I think the photo gallery will give extra content for the fans, and also for people to search on in Google Images. It should be done by this weekend. I have collected a bunch of images already for the new gallery Smile

I feel like, the biggest keyword that would help this website out alot, would be the main one "Joey Logano". The highest position this website has been for that keyword in Google, has been #4, but it has been up and down alot, and currently is #9. I still can't believe that for the past 5 weeks, the #1 website has had a "suspended" sign on it and is still ranking #1.

Even though the website has been bouncing between #4-9 positions for the keyword "Joey Logano", it still gets some traffic for that keyword from Google, and msn. There is not much traffic from yahoo at the moment. But I have a feeling that by next month, the site will be receiving more traffic from yahoo.

As an "unofficial" fan website, I feel like it is an uphill battle and it has been, for the website to gain momentum. Because all the media will link to the official websites, and strengthen it even more. But slowly we are growing.

I guess you are right though, the way to win, and gain popularity, being that we are the small guys, Is threw quality content, and to post blog posts as often as possible. It is great to have you as a member, and now I wonder how you found this website Wink

I do plan on allowing guest posts to be made on the blog.
09-13-2008, 10:12 AM
The way I found the site was I went to what was the Official JL website and it was gone.
http://www.joeyloganoracing.com/

I guess I did another google search and found you guys I think.

Yeah Joey Logano in Subject lines will help too. Home Depot too I bet
09-13-2008, 06:58 PM
If I remember correctly, I did a search for "Joey Logano Fans" on Google, and found this website, and I have loved it ever since! This is by far the best Joey Logano fan website right now.
Find all posts by this user
09-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Mike, I am taking your advice to heart, and so far I have been trying my best to post one blog post per day. And now my brain is always trying to think of the next thing to write about.

The only time when it might be hard to write content, will be during the off season. But I think that will be the most important time to write new content, to keep the website fresh and updated Smile

Thank you so much for your suggestion, I think it was a great one, and improved me and this website by alot!
09-29-2008, 09:28 AM
I like this place and you are doing a great ob. Hope the site blooms for you bro.

Bravo
peace
mike

Mike Hedrick is PIT BOSS for http://www.PitCrewBarbeque.com covering NASCAR Tailgating Inside & Outside the Tracks. For more got to http://www.MikeHedrick.com