Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
5-Hour Energy 301 - Race Talk
07-17-2015, 06:29 PM
5-Hour Energy 301 - Race Talk
Quote:Joey Logano heads back to the track where he's won two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races. Can he make it a third this weekend?

YOU HAD A STRONG RUN LAST WEEKEND IN KENTUCKY AND WON HERE BACK IN THE FALL. CAN YOU MAKE IT TWO IN A ROW THIS WEEKEND?

“All year long, I’ve said we have been just missing some speed in these cars. But what we are missing in speed, we are making up in execution. That is why we have more top-fives and top-10s than we did last year at this point. However, we need to get that speed back to have a chance to win races and that’s what we did last weekend. I think we have as good a shot as anyone. I think we had a car that could have won at both races last year, we just got wrecked in the first race while we were running second. That’s stuff that happens. We just need to continue executing and do what we do as a team. This is probably the most important track to me on the schedule because it really is my home track we are doing a lot of stuff with my foundation around the race weekend here. So to win would just cap off an amazing weekend.”

The Car:

[Image: C22582XSHJL-1.jpg]

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2015, 01:09 AM
RE: 5-Hour Energy 301 - Race Talk
Starting p2, and has a decent car. Third fastest 5 lap average at one point. Should be interesting to see how Penske as a whole does at New Hampshire.

BTW, RIP Jules Bianchi, one of the most promising drivers in any form of racing.

Cheering on: Joey Logano, Brad Keselowski, Ryan Blaney, Chase Elliott, JH Nemechek, Justin Allison, Will Power, Hélio Castroneves, Juan Pablo Montoya, Simon Pagenaud, Lewis Hamilton, and Bruno Senna.
07-18-2015, 08:17 PM
Car is decent. Conditions today will be nothing like tomorrow. Some will hit it, some will struggle. Lets hope we hit it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 22forLogano's post:
Vermont#1Fan (07-18-2015)
07-18-2015, 10:41 PM
Yes, it almost rained but didn't, got more humid as day went on....Tomorrow is supposed to be hotter and more humid, hitting 90,,,it will be very uncomfortable in the stands and more so for the drivers.

On a good note, I went to Joey's Meet and Greet today, he spoke for about 10 minutes and answered fan questions for another 10, then he signed autographs for anyone who wanted one.

His wife was there helping the girls run the meeting, she is so cute and a tiny little girl, 100 lbs?

The big questons, when is Joey Jr. coming on the scene? Not right now, Joey says they are enjoying married life and just getting used to doing everything as a team, will have to wait for a future time.

We all received a Joey plastic, thermal tumbler with cover and straw, very durable for hot and cold.

That is all for now, see you at the track tomorrow.....gws
07-19-2015, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2015 04:41 PM by racefan22.)
A great race for Team Penske. Both cars in the top 5, and both led laps. The 2 had the speed to win, and the 22 was fast as well. A big improvement over the beginning of the year.

Cheering on: Joey Logano, Brad Keselowski, Ryan Blaney, Chase Elliott, JH Nemechek, Justin Allison, Will Power, Hélio Castroneves, Juan Pablo Montoya, Simon Pagenaud, Lewis Hamilton, and Bruno Senna.
07-20-2015, 05:47 PM
Solid race. 2 definately had one of 3 best cars, Joey finished about what he had. Still lacking some speed but the 22 is getting better. On to Indy