2010 NASCAR All-Star Race Talk
05-17-2010, 05:12 PM
2010 NASCAR All-Star Race Talk
NASCAR Weekend Schedule

SPEED 05|21|10 1:30 p.m. All-Star Race final practice
SPEED 05|21|10 6 p.m. All-Star Race qualifying
SPEED 05|22|10 9 p.m. All-Star Race

Other Notables

Joey Logano will also be taking part in the burnout competition on Saturday before the all star race.

Videos From Weekend

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2010, 06:14 PM
RE: 2010 NASCAR All-Star Race Talk
YES! I'm gunna be watching ALL of this! I can't wait! I have a feeling he's gunna win! Happy

#20 Joey Logano = Heart
"His wife wears the fire suit in the family and tells him what to do" Joey about KH Wink
Find all posts by this user
05-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Oh man if he won that would be amazing!!
05-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Im so ready and yeah that would be great if he won

Joey Logano Heart
New year, New Crew Chief!
05-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Just imagine the headlines! Everyone would be shocked! (except for us of course!)

#20 Joey Logano = Heart
"His wife wears the fire suit in the family and tells him what to do" Joey about KH Wink
05-19-2010, 01:07 AM
just curious who is everyone voting in. I'm hoping Marcos gets in, but wouldn't be surprised if Cousin Carl gets the nod...boy isn't it so much more fun knowing Joey is already in!

~Matt
[Image: logano2.jpg]
05-19-2010, 01:20 AM
(05-19-2010 01:07 AM)CardCrazy Wrote:  just curious who is everyone voting in. I'm hoping Marcos gets in, but wouldn't be surprised if Cousin Carl gets the nod...boy isn't it so much more fun knowing Joey is already in!

Since joey is in the race this year, I forgot all about the voting for the race, hehe Big Grin I can't wait to see how he does in qualifying for the AllStar race, that should be the really enjoyable to watch in my opinion!
05-20-2010, 06:11 AM
Here's an early preview of the Race car Joey Logano will run

[Image: Early+Preview+of+Paint+Scheme.jpg]
05-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Nice!! Looks old school Tony car in that pic.
05-20-2010, 07:28 PM
I kinda like the car it's good to be different once in a blue moon

Joey Logano Heart
New year, New Crew Chief!
05-21-2010, 12:07 AM
I'm excited as well.

Especially glad that we absolutely know he's in this year.

I remember how excited I was when he got voted in last year. If I remember right, I was probably jumping up and down and screaming a bit. xD

I love Joey Logano and I'm proud of it!
~~
Your intellectual and creative mind is right here!
05-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Joeys car looks sharp out on the track right now. It sould look even sharper under the lights
05-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Interview during rain delay added
05-22-2010, 04:12 PM
(05-19-2010 01:07 AM)CardCrazy Wrote:  just curious who is everyone voting in. I'm hoping Marcos gets in, but wouldn't be surprised if Cousin Carl gets the nod...boy isn't it so much more fun knowing Joey is already in!

i voted so many times last year i thought i'd take a break this year, LOL

http://www.kkracingcollectibles.com/

Take a look at my custom Diecasts (Link Below)

http://public.fotki.com/derekmcc/

[Image: DSC_0198.jpg][Image: DSC_0507.jpg]
05-22-2010, 04:49 PM
(05-22-2010 04:12 PM)derekmcc Wrote:  

i voted so many times last year i thought i'd take a break this year, LOL

Yup, exactly! haha Big Grin
05-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Editing all the videos from the Pennzoil Ultra Victory Challenge, and clipping them together, will post the recap as soon as its complete!
05-22-2010, 11:35 PM
Okay, that was an awesome race! ^.^
I wish Joey would have won, but I'm glad he got 3rd. Who knows, maybe 3rd time's the charm. We'll just have to wait 'till next year. Hopefully he wins sometime later in this season. Or we'll just have to vote him in again.

I love Joey Logano and I'm proud of it!
~~
Your intellectual and creative mind is right here!
05-23-2010, 03:58 AM
Quote:KERRY THARP: Joey, third-place finish, just your second All-Star Race, talk about it.

JOEY LOGANO: Yeah. Had a good car. Felt that I had a car that was capable of winning actually. We fought loose to start the race. I couldn't get the gas down. Same thing I fought in practice. Man, we got to tighten this thing up so at least I can get the gas down and pass guys. I was too loose on the bottom to clear them.

We did a good job of getting the car close. I felt like the last 10 laps, I had a seven- or eight-lap run maybe. Running down the 48 and the 2. Man, I got a shot at this, I'm just going to run out of time. A caution came out. I'm like, All right.

Tried it. Went into one. I plowed the nose a ton. Went all the way up the racetrack, lost five or six spots. What the heck just happened there? I got lucky, caution came out. To go to last completed lap, Shootout rule. Starting inside front row. All right, I'm not making the same mistake twice. I went in there easy to make sure I didn't do that. Everybody had big momentum on the topside, cleared me. That's it. After that, I was third place.

You know, it stinks. All the guys did a great job. Had awesome pit stops. Kind of the name of the game lately for us. Had good stuff. So we're close, man. It just stinks when you're sitting on the front row with a green-white-checkered, and you feel like you can win this thing, you come up short, it's a tough gig.

KERRY THARP: We'll take questions for Martin or Joey.

Q: Joey, you were apologizing at the start of the last 10-lap thing. You said you didn't feel like it was totally your fault, but you might have caused a little bit of trouble out there. Exactly what did you feel like you did wrong at that point?

JOEY LOGANO: What happened there was, I think it was the 18 in front of the 48. I'm not sure. I think he was spinning his tires. I was getting a run on the 48. You can't cross his bumper until you get across the start/finish line. So I was trying to time my run to get underneath him after that, go three-wide into one.

I started getting underneath, I mean. He started blocking. At that point I started trying to squeeze out of the gas so I didn't get in the grass. I didn't want to do that, because that was going to be a mess. My left sides touched the grass. It made me loose. I chased up the track, checked up a ton. That just caused a big wreck.

It was my fault because I stuck it in there. It was an All-Star Race. There was no give-and-take, which you have to expect with a race like this coming down to the end. At that point in the race, when you're sitting fifth, you need to get some more track position there. That was a quick way I thought I could get a couple spots.

You know, I don't know what I got to do next time. I mean, just wasn't give-and-take there, I guess, on both ends of it.

Q: Joey, did you see the incident on the backstretch between Denny and Kyle? If so, what did you think happened? What do you think this is going to do to the relationship between those two?

JOEY LOGANO: I know nothing (laughter). Actually, I don't know nothing. All I heard was rumors from other people of what's going on. I don't know any more than you guys know.

I know they're cool with me. That's a good thing, I guess. I'm sure they'll work it out, whatever it is. Joe and J.D. have been through situations like this before. Joe especially, with football teams, I'm sure there's controversy. I'm sure they'll figure it out. I'm not worried about it.

Q: Did either of you see how Kurt got to the lead that first time? Denny and Kyle were there and then they had their contact. Out of nowhere the 2 car blew through there.

JOEY LOGANO: I don't really know. I know that restart, Denny spun his tires in front of me. I was trying to push him, get him along. From there, I don't know what happened.

Q: Joey, you mentioned you're learning how to race in the All-Star Race. Obviously it's different when you're running for points. Just how much crazier and wide open is it when you're going for the million bucks as opposed to racing on a normal weekend?

JOEY LOGANO: Quite a bit (laughter). And you know that coming into it. Last year I watched it, it was crazy. The 48, did he spin out by himself? I mean, do you ever see that happen? I mean, well, I don't know. That's how hard everyone is pushing it, you know. Everyone is going that a little bit more. Even by yourself, there's no edge. You're going as hard as you possibly can because it's a million bucks and there's no points.

That cranks it up. I know the last few laps there, I didn't say anything on the radio. Just running everything through my mind, every scenario what can happen, making sure I had everything just right and did everything right. You know, I'm going to beat myself up all night because I feel like I had a shot at it.
05-23-2010, 02:11 PM
I have to say I loved the retro scheme and wish Joey ran that more. I know they switched the scheme from that to what Joey has now to make a point of difference between Joey and Tony but I love the Orange.
As for the race Joey is going to win a All Star race soon. He had a great car. If that race was a 20 lap shootout Joey wins the thing. He had the best long run car. I like his chances in the 600 and since I felt his next win would be here I feel good about my chances Smile
As for the wreck it is what it is. It's the All Star race and it's all or nothing.
05-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Great run for the team great run for Joey, makes next week really exciting, i'm looking forward to it.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
05-24-2010, 02:43 PM
LOVED the paint scheme!!! Wish he would run it more often! Overall great race! Cant wait for next weeks! He'll win his All-Star race soon enough. I know it. =) he's #1 to me! I think that wreck wasn't his fault. It was just one of those racin deals. Its the All-Star Race. As JPM said "I wreck you, get over it" =) It was a bit of everyones fault. I think he did just fine. He coulda won it but you know he'll win 20 of um.

#20 Joey Logano = Heart
05-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Photos from 2010 NASCAR All-Star Race

[Image: Joey+after+the+race.jpeg]
[Image: Start-of-Race.jpg]
[Image: Racing.jpg]
[Image: Racing+Kurt+Busch.jpg]
[Image: Racing+Kyle+Busch.jpg]
[Image: Stands+in+the+Garage+During+practice.jpg]
[Image: Stands+in+the+Garage+During+practice2.jpg]