Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2009 NEXT RUNNER-UP: JOEY LOGANO
12-05-2008, 07:12 PM
2009 NEXT RUNNER-UP: JOEY LOGANO
[Image: 09joey2.jpg]
Every year, more and more track dads put their kids into go-karts, hoping to scare up the next development deal from Hendrick, Roush Fenway or Joe Gibbs Racing. But that means that for every Kyle Busch or Denny Hamlin, there are going to be hundreds of stock car Todd Marinoviches, driving to invisibility instead of fame and fortune.

Then there is Sliced Bread, as in "the greatest thing since … " Long before Joey Logano was able to drive the family car, he had been given that nickname by Randy LaJoie, two-time Nationwide Series champ and father of Corey LaJoie, one of Logano's best racing buddies. As a seventh grader in 2002, Joey had already filled his family's home in Georgia with so many short-track trophies that the Loganos stopped keeping count. That year, veteran driver Mark Martin watched the kid run through a field of young all-stars in Atlanta, including his son Matt. Three years later, the four-time Sprint Cup runner-up declared, "I have seen the future of NASCAR."

Now everyone can. This past June, the 18-year-old Logano became the youngest-ever Nationwide Series winner (at Kentucky's Meijer 300) and got the nod to replace Tony Stewart at JGR, where he will call Busch and Hamlin teammates. And not for nothing, Logano sports a smile like King Richard's and has more than a little Intimidator in him once the green flag drops. "I guess I should be nervous, but I'm not," he said from atop the No. 20 Home Depot pit box at the season finale in Homestead, as his future ride took its final laps with Stewart behind the wheel. "I've waited for my turn, and now it's here."

Invisible? No chance.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?...id=3747238

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2008, 10:30 PM
RE: 2009 NEXT RUNNER-UP: JOEY LOGANO
I don't get the pink aspect of the photo
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2008, 06:37 AM
RE: 2009 NEXT RUNNER-UP: JOEY LOGANO
(12-05-2008 07:12 PM)Kurt/Kyle/Ryan Fan Wrote:  [Image: 09joey2.jpg]
Every year, more and more track dads put their kids into go-karts, hoping to scare up the next development deal from Hendrick, Roush Fenway or Joe Gibbs Racing. But that means that for every Kyle Busch or Denny Hamlin, there are going to be hundreds of stock car Todd Marinoviches, driving to invisibility instead of fame and fortune.

Then there is Sliced Bread, as in "the greatest thing since … " Long before Joey Logano was able to drive the family car, he had been given that nickname by Randy LaJoie, two-time Nationwide Series champ and father of Corey LaJoie, one of Logano's best racing buddies. As a seventh grader in 2002, Joey had already filled his family's home in Georgia with so many short-track trophies that the Loganos stopped keeping count. That year, veteran driver Mark Martin watched the kid run through a field of young all-stars in Atlanta, including his son Matt. Three years later, the four-time Sprint Cup runner-up declared, "I have seen the future of NASCAR."

Now everyone can. This past June, the 18-year-old Logano became the youngest-ever Nationwide Series winner (at Kentucky's Meijer 300) and got the nod to replace Tony Stewart at JGR, where he will call Busch and Hamlin teammates. And not for nothing, Logano sports a smile like King Richard's and has more than a little Intimidator in him once the green flag drops. "I guess I should be nervous, but I'm not," he said from atop the No. 20 Home Depot pit box at the season finale in Homestead, as his future ride took its final laps with Stewart behind the wheel. "I've waited for my turn, and now it's here."

Invisible? No chance.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?...id=3747238

Nice post Thanks

http://www.kkracingcollectibles.com/

Take a look at my custom Diecasts (Link Below)

http://public.fotki.com/derekmcc/

[Image: DSC_0198.jpg][Image: DSC_0507.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user