Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10 Years Ago....................
02-18-2011, 09:55 PM
10 Years Ago....................
10 Years Ago Today We Lost A Legend And True Racer Dale Earnhardt NEVER FORGET!

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2011, 01:28 AM
RE: 10 Years Ago....................
I'll say "Amen" to that. The hour long piece on DE Sr. is really great, nicely done. A special piece of work. gws
02-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Great piece and one driver no one will ever forget. He was the ambassador of our sport.
02-22-2011, 06:09 PM
I must say that that 3rd lap was quite sad yet so enlightening at the same time. It kind of gave me an erie feeling. I'll share this with you guys, its something I wrote one night watching American Idol and it ended up making my local newspaper.

Today is the day that we will honor a great man in the sport of NASCAR. Always willing to be a friend and the fiercest competitor you will ever meet or possibly your worst enemy on the track, Dale Earnhardt is a legend. On that fateful day in 2001, the Daytona 500, the greatest race of the season, no one would have ever thought that we would lose someone so dear to our hearts. It was something so subtle, something that happens all the time… crashing into the turn 4 wall. A common racing crash took the life of one of the best mere yards from the finish line.
No one, not even the race announcers gave any information as Michael Waltrip continued to celebrate in Victory Lane. All involved were hush-hush about the incident while EMT’s worked on getting Dale out of the car, transferred to a stretcher, loaded into an ambulance, and sent off to the hospital. It wasn’t until hours later that we learned what had become of Dale Earnhardt.
I still remember when President Mike Helton delivered those words no one wanted to believe, “We have lost Dale Earnhardt.” But we haven’t lost Dale Earnhardt. He’s still here with us every race day in the competitive edge of all 43 drivers on the track. He’s here in the race-making decision of a crew chief. He’s here in the hearts of every fan. But, most importantly, he’s here in the blood of his son, Dale Earnhardt Jr. So as we sit on our couch or gather with friends over a beer or attend the race in person, don’t forget that person we all knew as The Intimidator, Dale Earnhardt.
02-22-2011, 09:06 PM
That's a great piece you wrote.

I watched the tribute SPEED did for him, I cried. It was very well done and tastefully done.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-22-2011, 11:00 PM
"ditto" gws
02-26-2011, 08:11 AM
I agree that Earnhard was a legend and on the 10th anniversary of his death i had a mini tribute to him on my facebook page but only for the one day. What happened was awful and tragic but i go around each track and part of the problem with attandance and ratings is people just can't let go. Dale Earnhardt is gone, he is never coming back, yes he was the legend the greatest ever but we need to move on.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
11-10-2011, 08:15 PM
R.I.P. Dale Earnhardt Sr. Always in my heart! Crying

Go Joey and Brad!! Heart #22 & #2!
[Image: 1124370_article_img_large1.jpg]